Divi Desktop emergency seed phrase recovery.
Preparation for migration and what you will need.
- A computer to recover too, this may be the same computer or a new computer
- Time: About 1 Hour
Seed recovery is not a migration method. If you are migrating, follow the migration process. Following the official migration process, retains masternodes and linked hosting charges for MOCCI and 3rd parties. Seed recovery for Divi Desktop is an emergency recovery process.
The seed phrase will recover your wallet data and build a new wallet file that will be without a password.
Using the original 24-words associated with your coins will always recover and preserve access to those coins.
PART 1 EMERGENCY RECOVERY
Six simple steps:
- Open Settings
- Open Security Tab
- Click Recover (Recover from seed)
- Enter your original 24 words related to your coins.
- Allow recovery to begin (patience)
- This should take between 5 and 20 minutes
- Your application will need to re-sync afterward
Assign a new password do this by clicking the black warning triangle in the top right corner.
Follow all prompts, your wallet after will stay open and restart the background process.
You are recovered!
*Troubleshooting if after step 5 it hangs for 15+ minutes - its a guarantee you entered the words wrongly.
- Close Divi Desktop
- Reopen Divi Desktop
- Open Settings
- Open Security(tab)
- Click Backup (button)
Examine words in wallet and compare to your written down seeds
Do the match? If yes allow to sync fully and follow restore node and encrypt wallet
If answer is no - close back up window and words and begin seed word recovery again and begin again at step 4 above.
- If you did not follow the migration process and deleted your masternodes, there is a partial recovery process for MOCCI nodes.
- Open Masternode (tab)
- Click Restore Node
- Wait about 60 seconds
- Return to overview and check your masternodes for visibility
- NOTES : Because you didn't migrate but recovered, your masternodes will show in status in overview, but when earning, it will show the payment coming to the masternodes address instead of name. Display of address is expected from a seed recovery process. As long as the process is applied immediately after recovery, masternodes and subscriptions will stay active.
See Divi Desktop Divi Node (Masternode) Statuses